How can Restaurants acquire Online Food Delivery Systems?
Ever since the rise of the digital era and e-commerce. The traditional way of buying and selling has been replaced by purchasing goods and services from online food delivery platforms. The restaurant and the food industry are no exception. The trend of online food ordering and delivery services is being rising exponentially over the past few years.
To compete with the market, restaurant owners are forced to provide the privilege of a food delivery system to their customers. But due to various reasons, they are unable to develop their own online delivery system. And end up utilizing third-party delivery services which bring severe consequences along with it.
In this article, we will be discussing the problems restaurant owners face during the establishment of their own online delivery system. And how can they leverage digital marketing to resolve the issue?
The Evolution of Online Food Delivery
The evolution of digital technology has reshaped the food industry. During the past few years, the trend of ordering food online is growing exponentially. According to a PRNewswire study, the online food delivery business will increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.3 percent throughout 2021 and 2022. And it is expected to reach a CAGR of 11% by the end of 2025. The covid-19 pandemic has also played its part in boosting the market by a wide margin.
Since the rise of digital technology, people have become accustomed to spending more of their time on social media and other online platforms. They have gotten used to the luxury of ordering everything online including food and beverages. They are fascinated by the idea of ordering food online and having it delivered to their comfort zones.
Why Your Restaurant Needs Digital Marketing?
More than 5 billion people are using the internet today and the usage rate is growing rapidly. People are spending more of their time on social media platforms to interact with one another. So it has become a necessity for restaurant owners to utilize the means of digital technology to make recurring clients online.
Besides, digital marketing is less expensive and more convenient than traditional modes of promoting business. Having a digital platform for your restaurant allows you to interact more effectively with your customers. It provides flexible ad campaigns for restaurants, allowing you the facility of target marketing. Digital marketing can help you build a strong brands image more quickly than traditional marketing.
Problems You Might Be Facing in Online Food Delivery
As the world progresses towards digitalization, many restaurant owners are realizing the importance of digital marketing. To compete with the market, they also want to have their own online platform for food delivery. Unfortunately, due to many issues, they are unable to set foot into the digital world. Some of the major reasons are listed below.
- Not having a well-established website for your restaurant
- Not having a proper education about Search Engine Optimization
- Unaware of how to use social media effectively for business growth
- Having poor graphics to present your cuisine
- Not responding regularly to customer’s feedbacks
- Unable to maintain regular engagement with audience through posts and blogs
- Having an inconvenient order placing platform
- Not having a user-friendly mobile application
Third-Party Online Food Delivery Service
When restaurant owners cannot confront the issues regarding the establishment of their own online food delivery system, they find shelter under the roof of third-party food delivery services. It provides an online platform and physical food delivery system for restaurants to utilize. It may sound like the best route to take, since you don’t have to work for a completely new setup, but this easy path could lead to the devastation of your business. Some of the most important causes are given below.
- Third-party aggregators charge up to 30% to restaurants for each delivery. It results in decreasing the profit margin.
- Every restaurant wants to provide better food quality and service to their customers. Since they are utilizing a third-party food delivery service, they don’t have control over the condition of delivered food and customer experience. This could harm the restaurant’s reputation.
- Since customers are utilizing third-party’s applications, their data is out of the restaurant’s reach. Hence restaurants are unable to make recurring customers through a good relationship with them.
- Since you are utilizing someone else’s platform for your product, so the customers on the platform are not going to be loyal to you. Sometimes customers don’t even look at the name of the restaurant.
- You are not standing out in the cluster of restaurants on those platforms.
- Your restaurant is being represented by the delivery guy. And you have absolutely no idea of the impression he/she might be making in front of the customer.
Here’s what you need to do
For restaurants to establish their own online food delivery service, they must have quality food, transportation facility, delivery staff, etc. But the most important part of the equation is to have a well-established digital marketing platform. To acquire such a platform, you need to do the following things.
- Create a professionally designed website for your restaurant. Hiring a well-known digital marketing company would be the best course of action.
- With the help of Search Engine Optimization, improve your restaurant’s website ranking in search engine listing.
- Attractively present your cuisine with the help of professional photography and graphic design work.
- Write decent and professional content for your website and social media platforms regularly.
- Create social media pages by the name of your restaurant and keep uploading the pictures and videos of your cuisine, staff, restaurant, recipes, and much more. This would allow you to keep interacting with your customers.
- List your restaurant on Google my business to upload your location, menu, delivery hours, etc.
- Implement SMS and Email marketing.
- Through social media ad campaigns, reach out to your target audience.
- Create a food delivery tracking system to let your customers know the delivery status.
- Take online feedback from your customers. This would help you to improve and grow.
The rise of technology has boosted the online food delivery market. By observing how much customers now prefer the privilege of online food ordering, restaurants have started to move towards digital platforms. Due to facing many challenges in establishing their own online food delivery system, many restaurant owners acquire the services of third-party aggregators. Third-party food delivery services may help the restaurant owners for a small period, but in a long run, it brings drastic consequences for the business. It is essential for restaurants to utilize the tool of digital marketing for business sustainability and exponential growth.